Tuesday 12 February 2008

An epiphany?

Yesterday I trudged over to work, still stressed over the general state of things, and walked across the Recreation Ground on a very frosty morning, and dreaded the prospect of walking down a tricky slope at the end of it.

Back in 1999, at this time of the year, I walked down this slope, in very similar conditions ("black ice" on the ground) and slipped on the treacherous concrete surface, concussed the back of my head, and missed a day's work having been sent to the hospital.

On this occasion however, when I reached the accursed slope through the municipal gasworks at the Hythe, a shaft of sunlight was shining over the danger spot, melting away all the ice and making it easier to walk across.

Was He showing me the way? Maybe, and I daresay maybe not. One thing though, it certainly gave me the courage to get through the rest of the day at work from that moment on.



No comments: