Saturday 13 September 2008

A word to the wise

...and I'll say this before the event: is it really such a good idea to Bring Back 'Star Wars' (ITV1 Sunday, 9pm) as I hear the original cast members are to be reunited.

They've all moved on now - haven't we all (or shouldn't we have by now)?

Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and others have enjoyed the prestige, and grudgingly accepted the fame and the recognition, but if I hear they or Harrison Ford make one derogatory word about George Lucas or his saga, then I don't think I'll be bothering to watch too many Harrison Ford films in the future.

I'm programming my video with clenched teeth.

Anyway, if Star Wars is being "brought back", when exactly did it leave?

1 comment:

Derek said...

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/bring_back_star_wars_112970.asp

Oh, er, isn't it on Channel 4 tonight? I'm hoping the show will be very fun to watch, and as Mandy says, we'll get some good 'goss' :)

I like Justin Lee Collins, his enthusiasm is very appealing. The previous shows he has done in this series have all been called "Bring Back....[tv show/film title here]" so its just the next in the series.

I thought Harrison had always been rather cynical about his involvement in "Star Wars"?! Heck, if you watch "The Making of Star Wars" documentary from 1977, he even pokes fun at then! But I think whatever his comments, he seems to be good friends with George. After all, they just made another "Indiana Jones" film together....and I know you'll want to buy the DVD of that soon! ;)

Enjoy "The Dark Knight" this afternoon, and adding to it's amazing box office!